Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Fisherman's Son

Hey everyone so I've been working on a Fairytale called the Fisherman Son which is a Brazilian based tale. The story is filled of short adventures the son goes through once he was traded by his dad to the river spirit. I focused on the ending where the boy escapes and end up at a kingdom and falls in love. Everyone loves a good love story.


The most important part of this assignment for me was the gathering of reference I made huge collages of all things brazil. I wanted to capture colors, culture and vibrance of Brazil.

example of my reference sheet


The style I went for was folkart combine with paper cut. These pieces were very fun to work on and the color palette was a challenge but I loved it. 




Media - Photoshop
Double page spreads
Folktale - The Adventures of A Fisherman's Son
story can be found here http://www.worldoftales.com/South_American_folktales/South_American_Folktale_30.html

No comments:

Post a Comment