Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dog Portrait

So lately me and my boyfriend have be missing are beloved little dogs back home. So I finally decided a picture is not enough to capture their personalities. A dog portrait it was! I choose my boyfriend dog Samson a chiwawa miniature pinscher mix. This little dog fits his name well for a small dog he has a very huge personality.




So I used a combo of 2 different images of Samson to capture his figure. I using a wood panel and sketched in graphite. Then with all my details down I plan to paint over the graphite. Currently still painting it will post as soon as done. But this is a very fun little project and we can't look at it without saying awww.





Update!!! This dog portrait is finally finished ! Good advice to doing a water color piece on wooden panel is carefully choose your panel going with the more pricey one is worth it.